6/18/13

Strokin...and not the sexy kind!


Okay. I Had A TIA.
Essentially a mini-stroke.
Weird. I know.


It was pretty scary though, I couldn't move the left side of my body and more importantly my face looked like a melted candle. Not Happy.
However, after a week in the hospital and a week recovering at home I regained ALL my strength and mobility back!
I'm a fighter.

Anyway, I'm going to make this post nice and sweet:

Randy was pretty much the best boyfriend ever, he got me picture books and even helped me work on them since my arm was all gimpy.


The Hospital Food...was well...Hospital Food.
I was on a thickened liquid diet, which basically means apple juice and milk that has the consistency of syrup.BARF.
When I was finally allowed to eat, I was given Tuna...now I love Tuna.
What I don't like is warm, old, soggy bread tuna.

Once I was discharged and comfy at my grandparents, I was able to start eating healthy again. My mom even got me out of the house one day and treated me to a Maryland Favorite: CRABCAKE:

It was amazing. Seriously.

I also made sure I had lots of yummy things close by so I could try my best to stay on the right track even while healing.
One of my absolute favorite things to eat is prosciutto, mozzarella, fresh tomato, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar....I can't even handle the amount of goodness that was on this plate!
(On a sidenote...I really love my grandparents bowls, they were super nice to let me crash at their pad while I was a gimp)


Last but not least:
I was feeling well enough to go to an O's game with my love <3 It was a great day even though all the walking did exhaust me.
Now...I totally cheated at the game. I had beers and bbq.
BUT...life is for living and if 90% of what I put in my body is healthy, and 10% is crappy then I feel like I'm doing alright.





No comments:

Post a Comment