6/19/13

Pad Thai Like A Boss

That Time I Made Incredible Pad Thai

Now first things first. I am not claiming to be a master chef, or even properly trained.
Nor am I claiming that my so called Pad Thai is how you are actually supposed to make it...so if you make it and it sucks, I am not responsible, or if you are from Thailand and think I'm an idiot, I apologize.


Step One:
Spend a crap load of money on ingredients that you will only use once a year.
(Just kiddddddding, I plan on using these at least twice a year)
Now...I'm going to make some suggestions, the rice noodles that I got were not ideal, it would be much better to get rice vermicelli noodles.
 

Ingredients:
2 tbl Sesame Oil
1 tsp Fish Sauce
2 tbl Sirracha
1 lb Rice Noodles
1 Can Baby Corn
1 can Water Chestnuts
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup Seafood Stock
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Ginger
1 tbl Garlic
1 tbl Red Pepper Flakes
1 lb Baby Shrimp

First thing I did was separate all my ingredients into different bowls, when preparing this dish you have to be super organized because the sesame oil does burn more quickly then traditional cooking oil.


(It helps to have as many cute kitchen utensil's as possible)


Basically, you want to soak the noodles in 1 cup of water and 1 cup of seafood stock for about an hour, and then I literally throw them in the pan with the sesame oil, fish sauce, sirracha, and garlic into the pan with the noodles. I let that all simmer together into a nice sauce, and then I slowly add the chili pepper, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and ginger till it's the right taste. Some of you will like it hotter than others, so adjust the amount of spice to suit your own lil tastebuds!

At the very last minute I toss my shrimp, water chestnuts, and baby corn in and let them get warmed up and flavored.
Then you serve and demolish.

Randy had a serious helping of it and said that it was delicious, personally I think next time I'd add some more ginger and less red pepper flake. We shall see!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the recipe lesson today!

No comments:

Post a Comment