5/17/13

That Time I Almost Died While Hiking 5 Miles

THE HIKE:
I don't know if you know this about me or not...but I'm not very athletic.
Okay.
I'm not athletic at all.

Not a smidge.
I was a ballerina, paint throwing, princess crown wearing, pink rhinestone covered GIRL.


My boyfriend however is all that is man.
He suggested a 5 mile hike on Wednesday.
I liked the idea of a 5 mile hike.
Especially when it was a hike to a beach.
I like beaches.
...What I don't like is:
Dirt
Terrain
Bugs
Heat
Cold
Sweating
Fatigue

I didn't think about those things at first though.

We started off all good, and upbeat. Because hey, who doesn't start off positive?!
Randy thought it would be fun to take the longer loop. The blue trail.
I hate the blue trail.

We FINAAAALLLLLLLLLLY got to the Cliffs and Beach:

So pretty. It was perfect actually.
The water was clear and lovely.
We waded around and let Boe have some splishsplash time.

Then we headed back along the red trail
(I liked the red trail)
And I got to see TURTLES!
I wish I was a sunbathing turtle.

At about the 1.1 mark I started to get...fussy.

I was over being in the woods, and I was 100% sure I was going to die.
I'm pretty sure I told Randy to just leave me a couple of times.
He laughed and told me I was doing great and that he loved me.
He is such a jerk.
Here I am in the air conditioned car.
I love air conditioning!
BUT...THE STORY HERE IS:
I finished.
I completed. I hiked 5 miles and I DIDN'T DIE.
I'm totally ready to do it again.
Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment