5/14/13

First Week of Clean Eating

Week One:

Since this is my first post, I'm going to do a round-up of the week to share what I've done and how I have been doing!

Eating Out:
Well...Randy and I did cheat once, we had McDonald's. I felt so guilty afterwards, I ended up working out that night at the gym even harder than I had previously. I didn't realize how much work you have to do to burn off 300 calories!

We were much better the second time out, we decided on IHOP and I must say, I wasn't disappointed or dissatisfied.
I got 2 whole wheat pancakes (w/ sugar-free syrup), 1 egg white, and 1 slice of turkey bacon. I didn't even finish everything yet I felt full! It was great, normally I would have loaded up with ham or worse yet biscuits and gravy!


Grocery Shopping:
Grocery shopping was a whole other ball game. We knew what we could eat, and we knew that the possibilities for healthy eating were endless, however our funds were not.
Fresh produce and fresh fish are extremely expensive, especially for a young 20-something couple.
We used the Whole Food's dinner bar for two nights, but at $20 a pop that was pushing our entire monthly going out budget. So we then decided to use our grocery money (compliments of my grandmother) at Trader Joe's instead of Whole Food's, and we ended up spending $140 on everything, but it should be enough to get us through lunches for the next two weeks and dinners. So I'm thrilled needless to say, I think Trader Joe's might have won over our hearts.

Gym:
Going to the gym wasn't too bad at all, Randy and I found a gym that we both love and has everything that we need. I loved the classes that it offered, and the fact that it's not overly packed. I haven't been able to run a full mile yet, but I'm hoping to by the end of this month!

Cooking:
So I've really only cooked a couple of things this week, but the biggest hit was my stir-fry!

Ingredients:
6oz Chicken
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 Egg
1 Stalk of Green Onion
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil

Prep:
Marinate the chicken in soy sauce overnight
Bake the chicken in the oven

Cook:
Cook the rice on the stove-top
Once rice has been cooked go ahead and throw it into the wok with a little bit of sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon of your soy sauce.
Let the rice stir fry up a little, then in one corner of the wok begin cooking your egg, after the egg is almost done cooking a combine the rice, egg, chicken, and diced onion. After you have stir fried the combination for a few moments, top off with the remaining soy sauce and serve!

This was boyfriend approved!



No comments:

Post a Comment