7/11/13

Date Night!

Surprise Date!

Now I consider myself pretty lucky in love.
I've got a great boyfriend who does everything he can to help provide for us, and to help us grow as a couple.
However we are human.
I think it's human nature to get "comfortable" and to sort of let a lot of that romantic and fussy stuff fall to the side.
Our idea of a date is going to grab a pizza and watching a movie at home.
Which is wonderful, but there aren't any angel choirs singing.

So I about died when I came home from work on Tuesday evening and found that the entire house was sparkling, he had cleaned everything and told me that we were going out.
Imagine my surprise when I found out that we were going to Yellowfin.


Yellowfin Steak and Fish House is right on the water in Annapolis, and it's so gorgeous and I have been wanting to go there for so long!
He had made reservations, and reserved us a waterfront table!



We started off with some bubbly goodness

Look at that view!!

Everything we had was fantastic!
I wish I had taken pictures of our salads, but I'm a bad blogger and forgot.
But I had the hot bacon caprese salad.
omg. bacon.

For Dinner...we spoiled ourselves.
Randy got the scallops in a rich white wine butter sauce, with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus.


I on the other hand was a little indecisive so I got everything.
I got the lobster tail with a crabcake, and scallops...and shrimp...and garlic mashed potatoes.
BEYOND DELICIOUS.
Everything was so fresh, and cooked delightfully.
The sauces weren't overwhelming but were a perfect compliment to the dish.

All in all the evening was wonderful, and we left stuffed and happy.
I would absolutely recommend the restaurant and would absolutely return!
(once our wallets have recovered)



No comments:

Post a Comment